Due to the increase in flu cases,
students and parents should be reminded of the following information:
Students should not attend school if:
- The student has fever. The student may return to school after having a normal temperature for at least 24 hours while not taking any fever reducing medications (ex. Tylenol or Motrin).
- Antibiotics are prescribed. The student may return to school after taking the antibiotics for a minimum of 24 hours and without a temperature over 100 degrees for at least 24 hours without taking any fever reducing medications.
- They seem tired/lethargic, pale, with little appetite, and generally “not him/herself”.
- The student is vomiting. The student may return to school approximately 24 hours after symptoms resolve, and is able to tolerate a normal diet.
- The student has diarrhea. The student may return to school approximately 24 hours after symptoms resolve, and is able to tolerate a normal diet.
- The student has an undiagnosed rash. A rash may be indicative of many things, frequently of illnesses that are contagious. Therefore, a student will be excluded from school until a physician evaluates and determines the nature and contagiousness of the rash. A note is required from the physician upon return to school.
- The student has severe cold symptoms, upper respiratory infection, a persistent cough, a runny nose that they cannot manage by themselves &/or contain with tissues, or other symptoms that would interfere with effective school participation.
- The student is diagnosed with a communicable disease or illness. (ex: Influenza, Pneumonia, Strep Throat, Pertussis, head lice, Chicken Pox (Varicella), impetigo, scabies).
FISD is looking for a Special Education Director for our Shared Service Arrangement.
If interested, follow the link below for more information.
In addition to Forsan, the district serves
the community of Elbow and rural areas
in southeastern Howard County.
Forsan's first school opened in 1928.
The district serves more than 750 students.
(Directions to District Office - Click Here)
District Yearly Calendar - 2017 - 2018
411 West 6th St. P.O. Box 689, Forsan, Tx. 79733
Phone: 432-457-2223 | Admin Fax: 457-2225
High School Fax: 457-0008
Elementary Fax: 457-0040
Aerial fly by over High School campus
Aerial photos by Dylan Lowery